Lady Gaga: Her Family Didn't Know About Rape Until After The Oscars - 'I Was Ashamed' - Hollywood Sidekick

Facebook

test banner

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Lady Gaga: Her Family Didn't Know About Rape Until After The Oscars - 'I Was Ashamed'

Lady Gaga’s revealing Oscars performance of ‘Til It Happens To You’ shocked some of her family members, who had no idea she was a sexual abuse survivor. Gaga took to Instagram to post a heartfelt message about their support post-Oscars. Click through to read it!


      

Maybe the most riveting snippet of the 2016 Oscars was Lady Gaga's intense, passionate execution of "Til It Happens To You," in which she was joined by 50 other sexual abuse survivors. Despite the fact that she told the world in 2014 that she was assaulted as a teenager, her close relative grandma still didn't have an inkling, she uncovered on Instagram on March 1 — until they watched her performance. Gaga expounded on their touching support afterward. 


slate.com

“My grandmother (in the middle) and my Aunt Sheri (on the right) both called me the day after the Oscars because I never told them I was a survivor,” Gaga inscribed the photograph of her crew. “I was too ashamed. Too afraid. And it took me a long time to even admit it to myself because I’m Catholic and I knew it was evil but I thought it was my fault.”

“I thought it was my fault for ten years,” she continued. “The morning after the Oscars when I talked to my grandmother Ronnie, with tears in her eyes I could hear them welling through the phone she said to me ‘My darling granddaughter, I’ve never been more proud of you than I am today.’ Something I have kept a secret for so long that I was more ashamed of than anything– became the thing the women in my life were the most proud of. And not just any women, the ones I look up to the most. #BeBrave #speakup#tilithappenstoyou”



My grandmother (in the middle) and my Aunt Sheri (on the right) both called me the day after the Oscars because I never told them I was a survivor. I was too ashamed. Too afraid. And it took me a long time to even admit it to myself because I'm Catholic and I knew it was evil but I thought it was my fault. I thought it was my fault for ten years. The morning after the Oscars when I talked to my grandmother Ronnie, with tears in her eyes I could hear them welling through the phone she said to me "My darling granddaughter, I've never been more proud of you than I am today." Something I have kept a secret for so long that I was more ashamed of than anything-- became the thing the women in my life were the most proud of. And not just any women, the ones I look up to the most. #BeBrave #speakup #tilithappenstoyou
A photo posted by Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) on


So delightful! Gaga's performance at the Oscars was staggeringly overcome and unbelievably moving. Wearing white, sitting behind a white baby grand, she sang the hell out of "Til It Happens To You," the melody she penned with Diane Warren for the narrative about sexual misuse on school grounds, The Hunting Ground. Gaga and Diane were assigned for Best Original Song, and however they didn't win the honor, they certainly won the whole night. How excellent that her family is loaning her such support! 


Lady Gaga has always been a extra ordinary performer & we surely believe that she turned some fire on with her Oscar performance.what did you think about Gaga’s Oscars performance? Tell us in the comments!


Source: Hollywoodlife


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here